On Monday night, a shopping plaza located at Agbani Road in Enugu South Local Government Area of Enugu State was engulfed in flames. The plaza, which housed electrical shops, hair salons, phone accessories, a cafeteria, and motor/motorcycle parts, was completely destroyed along with its goods worth millions of naira.
According to eyewitnesses, the fire started from refuse in the gutter that someone set fire to but quickly spread to the building.
Another account stated that the fire was caused by a Suya seller who did not put out the fire from his oven properly.
When the Fire Service personnel arrived at the scene, they were unable to put out the fire due to lack of sufficient water. It was only through the efforts of local residents who raced to the area and brought water from everywhere that the fire was contained.
WE ARE ON TWITTER, FOLLOW US TO CONNECT WITH US - @RAWNIGERIACOM— Raw Nigeria! (@rawnigeriacom) January 2, 2023
When our correspondent arrived at the scene, sympathisers were busy trying to recover goods from the wreckage while some others looked on in shock.
One female sympathiser lamented the tragedy of people losing their source of livelihood in this economic hardship.
Do you find Raw Nigeria! useful? Click here to give us five stars rating!
Check and Confirm: How much is Dollar to Naira, Pounds, Euro, etc.
Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, or redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
Proper acknowledgment includes, but not limited to (a) LINK BACK TO THE ARTICLE in the case of re-publication on online media, (b) Proper referencing in the case of usage in research, magazine, brochure, or academic purposes,.
All contents are protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).
We publish all content with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, please contact us for immediate removal.